Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sweet Precious Child

Our day today began as any other normal day with a trip to Chick-fil-a for breakfast. To pass the time in the car Alex decided to humor me with the "Who Am I" game. It started with "I love Elvis and I wear headbands. Who Am I?" That of course was my mom, otherwise known to Alex as Ning-a-Ning. We then moved on to "I live in New York and I eat Pinkberry. Who Am I?" Obviously she was referring to my sister, Mushy Mush. The game went on until we covered everyone in the family. Come to think of it, she didn't do one describing me. That's probably a good thing though. After we ate dinner, Alex was "still hungry!" I had cut some strawberries and sprinkled them with sugar earlier in the afternoon for her and I told her to get them out of the fridge. You would have thought I was giving her her heart's most inner desire! "Thanks mommy" she exclaimed, "you are the sweetest mommy EVER!" These are the moments I treasure. At this age she is so genuine, sincere and honest. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when she turns into a teenager. (shudder) But for now, it's the little things that she is grateful for and in turn make me grateful as well.

No comments: